Adirondack Mountain Club (ADK)
A Refined Voice – Messaging and Millies
This brand refresh campaign focused on the use of appropriate messaging to build on ADK’s premier standing as a deeply rooted, nonprofit leader in the preservation, discovery and recreation of New York State’s natural outdoor environment. The fast-track, less than four-month campaign was initiated to appeal to ADK’s 30,000 members across 27 chapters, including on the hells of its upcoming 100 anniversary second generation audiences.
Impact PR & Communications worked with ADK to position the nonprofit for heightened membership and brand development by refining its messages and voice, while building on its newly redesigned website, print and other media, along with its already recognizable brand.
- Refine ADK’s voice as an outdoor/environmental leader in New York State and advocate for the protection, conservation and recreational aspects of the state’s wild lands and waters.
- Position ADK as New York State’s source for the recreationist and source for people to achieve their personal recreation and environmental goals, including the strategic promotion of the organization’s statewide presence.
- Develop cohesive communications that maximized ADK’s standing as an outdoor/environmental leader in New York State, including on its statewide advocacy and conservation efforts in Albany and beyond, plus partnerships with like-minded groups and grassroots support.
- Assist in the creation of a professional tag line that fully expressed ADK’s mission, with focus group input, along with updated brochures, case statements for capital campaigns and donor cultivation, a membership campaign and fresh social media strategy.
- Support ADK’s membership campaign through appropriate messaging and strategic public relations tactics aimed at millennials.
- A heightened alignment of the ADK brand across the non-profit’s messaging platforms.
- Refreshed content and photographs for collateral material, including its printed membership brochure that fully appealed to Millennials while speaking to current/traditional members.
- Input on the perception of ADK and its offerings from a focus group of regional Millennials of differing backgrounds and lifestyles, with the collected material used to inform the development of a new organization tagline and the direction/content of ADK’s messaging.
- A comprehensive membership campaign, with specific outreach recommendations based on audits and data analytics.
- Case statements for future funding opportunities.
- Language that ensures staff across ADK’s vast footprint speak in a singular voice.
- Contributions to nbcnews.com feature, “How Nature Can Solve Lives Most Challenging Problems”.
ADK (Adirondack Mountain Club) wanted to refresh its brand on a tight timeline and with a set budget. The team at Impact PR & Communications rose to the challenge. They took the time to get to know us and gave us their full attention. We are very pleased with the results and our team learned a lot from working with Filomena and Karen. We could not have asked for better partners on this project.
Catherine Forbes, Director of Development, ADK