New to New York: PDQ Grand Opens First New York Location
Impact PR & Communications (IPR&C) was charged with spearheading the grand opening campaign for New York’s first-ever PDQ (People Dedicated to Quality) location in Farmingdale, NY. The fast-casual chicken restaurant, beloved in the Southeast, is known for its hand-breaded, fresh, never frozen chicken tenders, made-to-order sandwiches and salads and hand-spun milkshakes. With little-to-no brand recognition in the region, another major chicken chain boasting several, much-loved locations in the surrounding area and no firm opening date, IPR&C took on the challenge to garner meaningful media traction both regionally and nationally and generate buzz about the grand opening during a six-month engagement.
- Secure media placements through proactive and reactive media relations efforts on a local and regional level
- Coordinate executive interviews with brand spokespeople and secure on-site media visits with media and influencers
- Plan and execute a pre-opening event for social media influencers to experience PDQ for the first time
- Build excitement and interest leading up to the grand opening event and continue momentum post-opening
- Garnered more than 108 media placements throughout the six-month engagement
- Placed two feature stories in the Long Island’s major daily newspaper, Newsday, within a 15-day time period
- Secured cover stories in Farmingdale Observer and Long Island Business News
- Executed an influencer event with 11 local and regional influencers resulting in immediate social media buzz
- Landed a Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Mercury Award in the category of Media Relations for the campaign
Additionally, the Farmingdale Grand Opening event was ranked among the top five, from a sales perspective, out of nearly 70 PDQ locations nationwide.